I define resilience.
Jun. 30th, 2011 12:57 amI'm not going to pretend that anyone besides one person reads this blog. But I will direct this toward anyone that does read it.
I don't know if you know how it feels to work for years for something that you feel is your one calling in your life. Maybe you have. Maybe you don't know how it feels to have everything you've worked for ripped away from you with a single phone call.
But I do.
Years of energy put into classes, studying, researching. Being the best I could be. Gone in one phone call. The feeling is probably worse when you're almost finished with your degree. But I wouldn't know. Because this didn't happen to me earlier than that. Now, I'm wondering if this degree will be absolutely worthless and if I should even continue. If I should consider pursuing something different now.
The one thing that I wanted to spend the rest of my life doing wasn't even given a chance. It was ruined before it could have one.
This won't stop me. Won't bring me down. What this will do is make me stronger, and more of a hard-headed bitch.
I'll figure out what I need to do, and see if I can even fix it. That would be nice.
As Ivan Moody has said, "I'm fucking bulletproof."
I don't know if you know how it feels to work for years for something that you feel is your one calling in your life. Maybe you have. Maybe you don't know how it feels to have everything you've worked for ripped away from you with a single phone call.
But I do.
Years of energy put into classes, studying, researching. Being the best I could be. Gone in one phone call. The feeling is probably worse when you're almost finished with your degree. But I wouldn't know. Because this didn't happen to me earlier than that. Now, I'm wondering if this degree will be absolutely worthless and if I should even continue. If I should consider pursuing something different now.
The one thing that I wanted to spend the rest of my life doing wasn't even given a chance. It was ruined before it could have one.
This won't stop me. Won't bring me down. What this will do is make me stronger, and more of a hard-headed bitch.
I'll figure out what I need to do, and see if I can even fix it. That would be nice.
As Ivan Moody has said, "I'm fucking bulletproof."